CISS Guidance for Employees and Families
CDC Guidance for Direct Care Staff – please review
- Updated Guidance for Families and Staff as VC Reopens 5/22/2020 English Spanish
- Guidance for Families and Staff on Resuming Care 5/8/2020 Email
- CDC Recommends Face Coverings / Payroll Pickup 4/3/2020 Email
- New Online Sick Pay / Cancelled Shift Form 3/27/2020 Email
- Essential Services / Stay at Home Order 3/20/2020 English Spanish
- Guidance to Employees – 21 Caregiving FAQs 3/17/2020 English Spanish
- Email to Employees and Families 3/6/2020 in both languages
NOTE: THE SICK PAY FORM IS ON THE PAYROLL PAGE.
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is front and center on everyone’s minds right now. We recognize this is an anxious time for many of our employees and families, with evolving advice from public health departments and our government. We are all doing our best to provide support to those most in need. Please review our communication above and contact our office should you have any questions or concerns.
Nothing in our guidance is meant to replace any recommendations given by the Public Health Department, CDC or any government entity. Our direction will be updated and published above as major changes in our provision of care take place. Regardless of our guidance, if you feel that you cannot or should not receive care from our organization right now for any reason, we support your choice. Please let us know so that we can plan accordingly. You can call us, email us, or use the Contact Us form on our website.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (805) 384-0983.
Sharon M. Francis
Founder & CEO
- 5/20/2020 – Ventura County approved for accelerated Stage 2 reopening
- 5/8/2020 – CA Governor moves state into Stage 2 opening some businesses. CISS continues to be open!
- 4/3/2020 – CDC recommends (not requires) face coverings for going out in public. See agency communication.
- 3/19/2020 – Governor issued Stay at Home Order. CISS remains open as “Essential Business” and is considered “critical infrastructure” (Health Care and Public Health) in support of individuals with special needs and those in foster care.
- 3/19/2020 – School extended their closures until May 1.
- 3/18/2020 – Day Programs will be closing in our area as of Monday March 23rd for a few weeks. More families will need support at home during the day. Please contact our office if you can help.
Employee Benefit Information
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak we understand that our services may be placed temporarily on hold by some of our staff and/or families who are preferring to isolate themselves at this time. We may have additional work available with other families, so staff are encouraged to contact our office to discuss options.
The California Employment Development Department (EDD) is taking measures to assist employees whose work hours have been affected by COVID-19. Below you will find helpful links to guide you in finding out if you’re eligible and how to file a claim online*.
PLEASE NOTE: If you file for unemployment, you are STILL EMPLOYED by our organization. When care is safe to resume and the Stay at Home Order lifted, you can start working again and you do not need to reapply with us!
- Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Services available through EDD
- Link to file an unemployment claim
- Federal CARES Act benefits
*We strongly suggest that you log in to our payroll software (directions can be found on our Payroll page) so you can look up the needed information to file a claim such as hire date, last date paid and historical payroll information.
Questions regarding filing a claim should be directed to the EDD. The phone number listed on their website is: 1-800-480-3287. You may also wish to use their online communication feature here.
If you have any questions, please contact Rosy Lopez, HR Manager, at x862 or by email here.